External job announcement (internal applicants welcome)
Position: Deputy Chief Networking Officer for Government Relations
Reports to: Chief Networking Officer
Classification: Unpaid internship
Founded in the philosophical works of the distinguished Prof. Richard Buckminster Fuller, original designer of Tokyo Tower (among many, many other things) the mission of the Tokyo Global Engineering Corporation (“TGEC”) is to apply currently accepted scientific principles to the design of projects that cannot be implemented until the emergence of a global state. Headquartered in the North Aoyama Ward of Tokyo, TGEC has “employees” around the world, with well-educated persons, such as university professors, as the organization’s advisors, and learners, such as university students, as the laborers. None are remunerated, nor do they feign unremunerative intent. TGEC has two divisions, and two corporate boards: the Operations Division and the Support Division, and the Board of Investors and the Board of Advisors. Within the Operations Division exist the following departments: Bioengineering, Nanoengineering, Civil Engineering, Space Engineering, Global Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Communication Engineering. Within the Support Division are the following bureaus: Art, Business Development, Communication, Diversity, Econometrics, Editing, Employment, Finance, General Counsel, Grants, Health, Information,Innovation, Knowledge, Networking, Philanthropy, Procurement, Reputation, Scheduling, Strategy, Threat Analysis, Translation, and Workforce Education.
TGEC seeks an inspiring, collaborative, and strategic leader to become its next Deputy Chief Networking Officer for Government Relations (DCNOGR). The successful candidate will be committed to the Corporation’s mission and will serve as the supporting leader of its networking bureau. Working in partnership with the President, CEO, Chief Networking Officer, and Board of Investors, the DCNOGR will be an integral member of the organization’s leadership support team and will be responsible for all of the Corporation’s networking regarding governments.
As TGEC prepares to expand to all of the world’s ten most populated cities in 2018, this is a prime opportunity for the DCNOGR to be the principal deputy architect of a growing corporate networking program. The DCNOGR will build on existing networking efforts and aggressively pursue new opportunities for participation in support of TGEC’s mission, vision, and strategic plan.
Essential job accountabilities:
The incumbent of this position assists in directing the mission and overseeing the work of the Networking Branch. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assists the CNO in serving as a voting member of the TGEC Outreach Committee and working directly with the other members of the Committee, TGEC’s Board of Advisors, and TGEC’s executive officers to maintain and enhance the outreach plan with the following five components:
o Increase TGEC project portfolio, including larger university and government relationships.
o Augment existing outreach model.
o Explore options for outreach.
o Develop the TGEC Operations Division.
o Build TGEC outreach capacity.
• Contacts external parties directly and solicits their participation in the Corporation’s activities.
• Assists the CNO in coordinating and overseeing the Networking Branch’s employees, contracts, technology, and budgetary resources.
• Collaborates with all bureaus within the Corporation and helps them to maximize their results while developing healthy and trustworthy relations.
• Collaborates with the Deputy Chief Strategy Officer, Deputy Chief Business Development Officer, Deputy Chief Reputation Officer, and Deputy Chief Employment Officer to identify organizations from which the Corporation can recruit new members.
• Collaborates with the Deputy Chief Information Officer and Deputy Chief Reputation Officer to ensure use of a unique platform or a combination of a number of platforms available in the market to build internal networking methodologies and tools.
• Collaborates with the Deputy Chief Business Development Officer to develop core business relationships by creating them, nurturing them, and maintaining them.
• Collaborates with the Deputy Chief Diversity Officer to author and implement a friction-reducing networking strategy for the Corporation as a whole, as well as for its core relationships.
• Collaborates with the Deputy Chief Workforce Education Officer to coach employees about networking, and implements networking methodology throughout the Corporation.
• Collaborates with the Deputy Chief Workforce Education Officer to teach employees to become serial networkers, collecting more contacts for the Corporation.
• Collaborates with the Deputy Chief Workforce Education Officer to coach employees to consider themselves in a one-on-one relationship with external participants rather than a traditionally cold, corporate duality of employee/customer.
• When necessary, collaborates with the Chief Diversity Officer to bring conflicting parties together and ensures the satisfaction and informed status of all parties.
• Reports high-value contacts to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
• Reduces attrition within the Corporation and convinces members to maintain active status within the Corporation.
• Builds trust among peers, subordinates, and clients.
• Reduces internal and external senses of competition and competitiveness.
• Liaises with other departments and maintains awareness of macro lines and general challenges happening inside the Corporation.
• Monitors all relationships inside the Corporation and between the Corporation and outside partners, organizations, et cetera.